2020 - What a year it has been, with plenty still to go……..
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, ACHPER QLD has taken the unprecedented step to cancel all professional development for the remainder of 2020. This includes the State Conference, Masterclasses and PD4HPE.
The cancellation of these events has given us much pause to reflect on the way we deliver professional development. An easy solution would be to try to deliver these events via a cheap/free webinar platform which would lock out many of the teachers working in the state education system.
Instead of going down this path, we have chosen to step back and take the last 6 months of 2020 to re-position and redevelop our Association, with the aim of launching a new look ACHPER QLD in 2021. More information about these changes are detailed below.
Complete makeover of the delivery of professional development:
• Investment in a quality online learning platform that provides accessibility for all HPE practitioners
• Review of the way professional development is delivered to enable flexible access to participants with minimal disruption to schools
• Establishment of standards of best practice for the delivery of content to ensure a quality product for participants
• Delivery of an online community that allows connection between over 3,000 HPE practitioners throughout Queensland
• Creation of groups for sharing of best practice including interest area, regional location and career stage.
• Functionality for HPE practitioners to share resources, including a dedicated ACHPER QLD member only resource library
• Online support from ACHPER QLD via free webinars, podcasts and resources.
Improved membership offering due to membership transfer to ACHPER QLD
• Greater support throughout the career journey of members
• Focussed approach for members v non-members
• Improved member to member networks, connections and engagement
• Kinship with a group of enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated HPE practitioners
We have been working hard behind the scenes to ensure the future of ACHPER QLD so that we can continue to support, educate and connect HPE practitioners throughout the state. We look forward to rolling out our new initiatives over the next 12 months and involving you in our new look professional body.
The Board and Staff of ACHPER QLD